2,475 TOTAL SQFT
(1,650 SQFT ABOVE GRADE)
Palmerston: Get There Fast and Then Take it Slow!
Sweetest semi tucked just north of Queen Street West on Palmerston Ave with front porch spun from your best downtown dreams. Tons of room (this is really much larger than it appears!), tons of light and hardwood flooring throughout. Beautifully renovated kitchen includes top end appliances and is combined with a downtown legend: the main floor family room. One cozy gas fireplace and floor to ceiling glass doors going out to killer city courtyard make this kitchen/family room zone command central of your family enterprise. Three good sized bedrooms and an unfinished basement made for storage. Seconds to Queen Street West, transit, restaurants, city life, and the core. If there was ever a time to get there fast … it’s now.
ROOM descriptions |
MAIN Floor |
Living Room | Spacious and open concept room flooded with natural light from the large front window. Finished with hardwood floors.
Dining Room | Open concept dining room with hardwood floors and over 8.5ft ceilings.
Kitchen | Scavolini kitchen with integrated Bosch dishwasher, Fisher & Paykel fridge, stainless steel Bosch gas stove, loads of counter/storage space and custom appliance garage.
Family Room | Large family room with a fireplace, hardwood floors and floor-to-ceiling glass doors with walkout to a secluded, European style, terrace.
SECOND Floor |
Master Bedroom | Bright and spacious master bedroom with custom built-in closet and hardwood floors.
Second Bedroom | Large second bedroom with built-in closet, hardwood floors and views of the CN Tower and city skyline.
Third Bedroom | Also finished with hardwood floors. Great space for an office/den or nursery.
Bathroom | Spacious four piece bathroom with tile floors.
Recreational Room | Unfinished basement with loads of potential … and storage!
Backyard | Perfect urban retreat with gas line for BBQ, custom made fence, bricked terrace.
Things to Love | Sellers’ Words
- We love the neighbourhood. Queen West, with great restaurants and shops, is steps away, and King West, Dundas West and the Trinity Bellwoods area are all only a 10 minute walk. North of Brooklyn Pizza is tucked into a corner at the end of the street!
- Although we are so close to Queen St., the area is surprisingly quiet. Sitting on the front porch in the summer feels like being at a cottage rather than in downtown Toronto. And the large trees on the street also contribute to the cottage feel.
- The views of the CN Tower and downtown at night from the back bedroom are mesmerizing – love gazing at the tower and watching the colours change.
- The next door neighbours we have are great. They take good care of the property, are very respectful, and are just really nice!
- The mix of the people in the neighbourhood is wonderful – lots of young families as well as older, more established residents. We are going to miss them all! Especially seeing our younger neighbours dressed up for Halloween.
- In the summer the house never feels hot – the gorgeous old chestnut tree in the front yard does a wonderful job of keeping it cool as well as offering some privacy.
- In the winter, the gas fireplace is a favourite place to hang out. So nice on cold mornings while waiting for breakfast, or after work.
- The yard is a perfect size – just enough space to plant some interesting things and have some fun, but not so big that it is a chore.
- The back yard is a private oasis, with the vines growing on the back wall and the ambient outdoor lighting. And with the large back patio doors the yard easily becomes an extension of the kitchen/family room.
- The 3 walls of windows makes the space extremely bright and well lit, and makes it feel even larger than it is.
- The living room/dining room and the kitchen/family room are in close proximity but feel like 2 distinct living spaces that can be used simultaneously without noise interruption.
- It’s only a quick walk to Trinity Bellwood’s park for people and dog watching, the wonderful farmer’s market, and all of the other events going on there throughout the spring, summer and fall.
- Kensington Market is a 15 minute walk for fresh meat, seafood, and produce. And also for Pedestrian Sundays!
- All the necessities are a quick walk away, including Loblaws, LCBO, Beer Store, coffee shops, great schools and Toronto Western Hospital.
- Easy transit options from the Queen or the Bathurst streetcars, a Bike Share station at Queen, and nearby Zipcar and Enterprise Car Share vehicles.
- Built-in speakers easily connects to a Sonos system to play music throughout the house.
ADDITIONAL information |
Possession | 30 – 60 Days
Property Taxes | $4,823.49
Size | 2,475 Total Square Feet, 1,650 Square Feet Above Grade
Lot Size | 19.5 x 82.75 Feet
Parking | Street permit parking available.
Upgrades & Improvements |
- 2019 |
- Reinforced joists in basement
- 2018 |
- Upgraded wiring to remove all knob & tube
- New vinyl siding installed on north and east exposures
- Interior repainted
- Ecobee smart thermostat installed
- 2016 |
- Replaced roof shingles; all old layers removed
- Replaced side concrete with reproduction antique custom permeable pavers for maximum drainage and vintage appearance
- Custom exterior lighting installed
- 2015 |
- Custom-made, period correct (1880) fence installed
- 2014 |
- Dug out and waterproofed front half of north side (25 year transferable warranty)
- Lead water pipes replaced with 3/4″ copper
- Installed protective window film on back side windows and sun glare film on large back bedroom window
- 2012 |
- Custom Scavolini kitchen with liquor/glassware “garage” and glass upper cabinets
- Built-in high end speakers in family room/kitchen for Sonos connection
- Stainless steel pot lights installed in family room/kitchen area
- Upgraded Bosch dishwasher
- 2011 |
- Century Architexture brick veneer installed in family room
- Extra large, custom Andersen back sliding door installed
- 2010 |
- Upgraded Whirlpool washer and dryer
- 2009 |
- Doorways removed to open up living/dining room
- Solid hardwood installed in bedroom
- Upgraded Bosch gas stove
- 2008 |
- Cellulose wall insulation blown in throughout
- Upgraded Fisher & Paykel refrigerator
- 2007 |
- Sistemalux track lighting installed in living/dining room
- 2006 |
- Replaced most windows
- Added large east facing window to rear second floor back bedroom, providing city/CN Tower views
- Camera inspection done water pipes to verify no issue with tree roots (the pipe is out to the north side as oppose to the front (west))
- Gas line for outdoor barbeque installed
- 2005 |
- Attic insulation added
- Basement headers sealed
Inclusions | All appliances – Fischer & Paykel stainless steel fridge, Bosch gas stove, Bosch integrated dishwasher, Whirlpool stacked washer & dryer, BBQ, all electric light fixtures not mentioned in exclusions.
Exclusions | Window coverings, dining room light fixtures, wall sconce in stairway and shelf under circular mirror in entryway.
About the Neighbourhood |